This $400 million project encompasses 440,000 square feet of new construction and 95,000 square feet of renovations in existing space. The expansion will increase patient privacy and will create a new ambulance drop off and emergency department, adding 80 new exam/treatment rooms of which 12 will be dedicated to pediatrics, four new operating rooms, six catheterization/EP rooms, and 10 interventional radiology/cardiology rooms. The expansion also encompasses a surgical services suite on the second level, development of a six-story inpatient tower, and expansion of ancillary spaces on the lower level. The third through fifth floors will be a combination ICU and acute care rooms with 28 beds per floor, and the sixth through eighth floors will serve as shell space for future use.
This project utilizes:
- BIM 360 modeling and documentation software – this project received the Autodesk AEC Excellence Award for use of 3D modeling
- Prefab overhead electrical racks and distribution gear
- 25,000-square-foot green roof using water collection from condensate and roof water runoff
- Solar hot water array
- Entropy wheel for energy recovery
- Chilled beams
- LED lighting
- Locally-sourced low VOC and recycled materials
MBP’s is providing owner’s representative and MEP coordination services for this innovative expansion project including observing and verifying systems acceptance testing, quality assurance, code and project specification compliance inspections, and utility shut down coordination and request submittal. MBP also assists with pay application verification as well as updating owner of field operations and progress.